MSW, LCSW, ACSW
Psychotherapist and Talk Show Host
at “Be Well With Beth”
“Beth is a seasoned psychotherapist with over 28 years of clinical experience who loves her work.”
- I consider it a privilege to work with you and your family.
- I respect my clients and assist all family members to find the path that fits for their unique lives.
- I provide support through times of crisis.
- I am available by text between sessions to my adult and adolescent patients.
“Beth is profoundly empathetic, compassionate and understanding.”
- I utilize my sense of humor bringing laughter and joy into sessions even as we work through pain.
- I am available to you and bring considerable knowledge, as together we address your needs.
- I am direct, honest and straightforward in my approach.
- Therapy is a collaborative interaction between patient and therapist, I will help guide you to meet your goals.
Beth O’Malley, MSW, LCSW is a Psychotherapist, Radio Show Host and local mother in Greenwich, CT. She holds several state licenses including an LCSW in CT, earning her MSW degree in 1991 from Hunter College. Her undergraduate work included a double major of Psychology and Sociology, as well as a business minor, graduating Cum Laude from SUNY Albany where she received the Ralph Sidman Award for outstanding academic performance with a dedication to serving others.
Beth owns and maintains a private whole family counseling practice, O’Malley Wellness, LLC, in Old Greenwich, CT where she works with children (4-12), teens (13-19) and adults. She works hand in hand with a psychiatric APRN and collaborates with local mental heath and academic professionals, attorneys, and schools as needed to provide comprehensive care. For over 28 years, Beth provides counseling on issues of: transition, divorce, blended families, recovery from alcoholism/addiction, behavioral & academic concerns, depression, anxiety and mental illness. Individual, family, group psychotherapy, home visits and workshops are available. In addition, Beth worked as a consultant at St. Luke’s Hospital, MHN, Stamford Hospital and Saint Raphael’s/Yale Children’s Hospital.
Beth has been licensed as an EAP Substance Abuse Specialist and Psychodramatist. She was instrumental in collaboration with the Greenwich United Way and Greenwich High School in creating and implementing “Stress, Success and Teenage Setbacks”, a program for bringing awareness to the impact of substance abuse and mental illness to our community. She uses art therapy as well as CBT and DBT techniques. In addition, Beth was the Director of Training at Chit Chat at The Caron Foundation Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Program and a trauma interventionist at Albany Rape Crisis. Her past professional experience includes President of NASW Arizona and Treasurer for EAPA Arizona, plus Executive Board work for both agencies. She has made guest appearances on Channel 3 and Channel 12 news, as well as radio appearances. Her weekly show on living a healthy life in Greenwich, CT, “Be Well with Beth”, can be heard Mondays 2-3pm on WGCH 1490 AM or WGCH.com.
- ACSW: Accredited Clinical Social Worker, NASW
- LCSW: Licensed Clinical Social Worker in CT
- State of Connecticut, Department of Health License # 007172
- Substance abuse specialty- former CEAP
- WGCH & The Greenwich Sentinel; Radio Host and Contributing Writer
- Member, American Association of Certified Mediators
- Executive Board Member, Employee Assistance Program Association, 1994-2003
- Member, National Association of Social Workers, NY, CT
- Former Chairperson, Executive Board Member, NASW AZ 1997-2001 Maricopa County
- Former Treasurer, Executive Board Member, EAPA Arizona 1998-2001 Maricopa County
- Junior League of Greenwich, Member and “Positively More” Program Professional Educator
- Yale Children’s – St. Raphael Primary Therapist
- Stamford Hospital Clinical Social Worker
- Caron Foundation-Chat Chat Director of Training & Family therapist
- Albany Rape Crisis Center Crisis Interventionist
- St. Luke’s Hospital Chemical Dependency Treatment Substance Abuse Specialist
- St. Catherine’s Center for Children: Child Therapist
- MHN/Healthnet: Mental Health Care Benefits Management